What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is the practice of creating relevant and compelling content in a consistent fashion to a targeted buyer, focusing on all stages of the buying process, from brand awareness through to brand evangelism.
– Joe Pulizzi, Content Marketing Institute
Our specialty is content marketing. 10x content to be specific.
What is 10x content?
Basically, an epic piece of content that fills in gaps. A lot of them.
- Before executing a new piece of content, we ask – ‘can we make it 10 times better than anything that can be found in the search results today?’
- After researching pre-existing (& popular) content on places like Google & Buzzsumo we ask, “What’s missing?” a lot. From here we can determine the strengths and weaknesses of who’s getting all of the social shares and who’s ranking well. And the gulf between you and them today. This is how you can be many times better than the best results out there.
- And then produce content that makes your competitors say, “there’s no way that we can scale content quality like this. It’s just too much effort. We can’t produce at this level,”
Content marketing has existed for hundreds of years – coming to prominence in 1895. It has taken on many forms since then – and has set many companies up for success on the web.
Once we’ve dug in and analyzed your current & potential future audience and your competitors we then set to work on executing a data-driven content strategy.
Referring back to the competitor analysis that we performed we will then build out your first piece of epic content.
Your 10x Content
We’ll set you up for long-term success. All of the content that we create for you will have the following attributes…
- they will be long-form in-depth pieces containing a minimum of 2500-3000 words
- they will be highly visual – containing a variety of images, infographics and videos (where applicable)
- they will be able to be reformatted into slidedecks (for sites like Slideshare), infographics and explainer videos.
- the content pieces will be highly sharable.
image credit: MySiteAuditor.com